Important information > Electronic invoicing
Santa Cruz de Tenerife Port Authority has adopted electronic invoicing, with a view to providing customers with an efficient and effective way to manage invoicing and in compliance of Law 30/2007 concerning Public Sector Contracts. This is a technical notification device that guarantees compliance of the basic legal principles for invoicing: authenticity of origin and integrity of content of electronic invoices.
Electronically sent invoices are therefore regarded as legally valid and have the same purpose as traditional invoices issued on paper.
Electronically issued invoices kept in digital format facilitate data processing: information about issue, distribution and conservation. These direct operations are stored in the electronic file generated by the issuer.
Generally speaking, electronic invoices are an interesting means of saving costs and of simplifying administrative procedures. All this entails a considerable reduction in time and space.
Electronic invoicing has many advantages, including the following:
- Cost saving vis-à-vis issuing, distribution and preservation of paper invoices.
- Improved efficiency.
- Integration of the company’s internal management applications.
- Optimization of the treasury department.
- Information obtained in real time.
- Reduced management time.
- Speedy decision-making.
- Automated administration and accounting.
- Monitoring of erroneous actions.
- Efficient use of financial resources.
- Speedy transactions.